Monday, November 2, 2015

Lyme Disease and Raw Milk..


When I had first met my LLMD, he explained to me the importance of raw dairy during Lyme treatment, as I hadn't been doing much dairy at all.

He suggested that I read a study called "Pottenger's Cats."

He briefly went through the book with me.

A man had two sets of cats. One was fed raw milk and the other was fed pasteurized. The cats on the raw milk thrived, while the cats on the pasteurized died.

Isn't drinking unpasteurized milk dangerous? That's why it's illegal to sell, right?

So wrong.

While it is possible to get sick from unpasteurized milk, it is very rare. So rare that one in 6 million people (from what I've read on various sites) will fall ill.

Raw milk has many health benefits, including being a good source of natural probiotic, enzymes and other vitamins and nutrients. So many, that even people that end up having a dairy allergy to pasteurized dairy can usually tolerate it.

There are many websites online and blogs created by people with Lyme Disease that swear by it for healing. Just type into your search engine, Lyme Disease and Raw Milk. An entire universe of accounts appears.

Some people even claim to have cured debilitating Lyme with Raw Milk Fasting.

Raw milk is even a dairy that is allowed and incorporated in Candida healing.

Personally, I've scouted out where to get raw milk in my town, and I am even lucky enough to have a mother that gives me fresh goats milk from her own goats.

I drink the milk on it's own, add it to baked fruits in the morning as a cereal/oatmeal substitute and I also make the raw milk yogurt that is listed on both the SCD diet and the Paleo Diet.

I, personally, have found the yogurt the most beneficial.

You make it the same way as you make any other yogurt. Heating the milk, and using a thermometer to watch until it rises til at least 180 degree, and then pour it into a Mason Jar. Let it cool at room temperature (submerging the closed jar in a bath of ice water, and then mix in your starter (probiotic yogurt) and then let it ferment for 24 hours inside of your stove.

If you'd like an exact recipe, ask away and I'll get you one as soon as I can.

Take care, Reader!!

No comments:

Post a Comment