Saturday, February 20, 2016

Lyme and Manganese


Lyme and it's relationship with Manganese

Manganese is a chemical element necessary for human health. Our bodies cannot live without it, and will grow sick in it's absence.

We obtain Manganese in a great deal of our foods, including Tofu, Beans, Nuts, Spices, Brown Rice, Fish, Spinach and Black Tea. These are just to name a few. Whole grains carry a great deal of Manganese as well.

The bacteria that cause Lyme Disease happens to be one of the only organisms that doesn't need Iron to thrive. Instead it thrives on Manganese.

I am in awe of how intelligent pathogens can be.

After finding this out from my own research, I thought, "If I starve the Lyme of Manganese, then they won't be able to thrive. But if I starve myself from Manganese, I will not be able to thrive."

What about lessening the Manganese in the body?

Scientists say that there is no use in limiting Manganese, because no matter how low your Manganese levels, the bacteria will continue to obtain what it needs, and the body carrying it will get sick. You're better off just maintaining healthy levels of Manganese s then the body runs properly to help it to fight.

Maybe this has something to do with why the gluten free diet is so useful in treating Lyme? Because most diets contain an abundance of Manganese.

Hmm.



Current Diet:

In my own case, I've cut out all grains period.

I've also finally taken the dairy free leap, and am completely dairy free.

I still indulge in occasional meat to ensure I get my B vitmains and needed protein.











No comments:

Post a Comment